Monday 26 December 2016

It's (almost) Christmas!!!!!!

If your not a fan of Christmas then I suggest you stop reading this post, for me it is one of the best holidays of the year. Weirdly I enjoy the build up to Christmas day itself more than the actual day, visiting the Christmas markets, buying the presents, seeing friends etc.

This year I've been fortunate to visit two Christmas markets, Winter Wonderland and the Bath Christmas market which for anyone who has been following me on here or on Twitter for a while will know that Bath is one of my favourite places. Many reasons why but too many to go into now. Bath Christmas market offers a whole collection of I believe about 100 stalls throughout the lower end of the city as well as a very busy and bustling crowd. My two favourite stalls are the Macaroon stall, which always offers about 15 different flavours of Macaroon to choose from with my favourite being the Salted Caramel. The other being a stall by a company called Pollyfields, a company that this year also opened a permanent store in the city. They sell dried oranges and cinnamon stick decorations, candles, wreaths, pouperi etc and you can smell them from a mile off!

The build up to the day as everyone knows includes buying presents for people, for some this feels like a chore and believe me I know the feeling when you've searched high and low but still can't find a gift for that one person. However for me this is one of the things that I enjoy doing the most, individuals such as my best friend or my sister are the best people to shop for and if anything I get carried away - especially with my sister who's Birthday is also at the end of November. I love going the extra mile to ensure I get that perfect present for someone because it makes it all worthwhile when they open it. Last year I took a risk and brought a Tassimo coffee machine for my parents not knowing how into it they would get and I feel that they now couldn't imagine life without it. The next step is the wrapping of the presents which for me requires a good week of evenings on Pinterest coming up with some inventive ideas on how to make them look great. Adding tree decorations, string and stacking them in a pile was just a few things I did last year. This year I have just gone for a very basic and traditional plain brown wrapping with snowmen printed all over because lack of time was a thing. I still searched around online though for the best Christmas labels which I purchased from Typo.

This year we are having a small Christmas and so each member of my family has been assigned a course of the meal to organize.
 I'm in charge of dessert so of course back to Pinterest I go and I have decided to go ahead with making a vanilla cheesecake which could include some fruit on top and some Pinterest inspired Strawberry Christmas trees (If successful there will be a how-to blog post going up).


There’s a tradition in my town that on Christmas day everyone heads down to the harbour for the annual Christmas day harbour swim. I can confirm that I attend each year as a spectator as oppose to a participator but if its not already obvious enough then on average around 300-400 people, some in crazy costumes, swim from one side of the harbour to the other side. Its all for fun because the water is ice cold however they have a competitors round where you can race against each other.



(So I forgot to post this...its been sat in my phone for a while and I didn't just want to waste it so...heres to 363 days until Christmas 2017!! 


Oh and the Cheesecake and Strawberry Christmas trees shall not be going up as they were slightly disastrous)

0 comments:

Post a Comment