Saturday 4 June 2016

The Bullet Journal

Many of you may have seen or heard about something called a Bullet Journal, I'm terrible at maintaining things as I get bored or forget to do them so when I heard Carrie from ItsWayPastMyBedtime mention it I decided to investigate further and maybe start one myself.



From what I can tell its hard to explain what exactly a bullet journal is, is it a diary? Is it a to do list? Is it a calendar? The answer to this is that it is all three... because you start with a blank notebook, it is the journal that you can make into anything you want it to be whether it is something you repeat every week/month/day its up to you to add it to the journal. I might not have made that sound very clear so I am going to list and explain the average contents page of one.

Contents Page - An overview of what is in your journal and where.

Key - The journal is made up of bullet points so you need a key for bullets to represent different events/occasions/goals of course it doesn't have to be as complicated as the one shown below but I feel this gives a good overall idea of the sort of things people include and you can add more symbols to suit your life.  (Migrated means that the task has been moved to the following day/month/week)
Credit Pinterest
Year at a Glance - A calendar that includes all of the holidays/birthdays/big events taking place throughout the year. 
Credit Pinterest
Credit Pinterest
























Blog Post Ideas/Films I want to Watch/Bucket List/Doodle Page - This is a space for lists of ideas/personal goals etc that using the key you can track. (See my Pinterest page for inspiration)


Credit Pinterest

Month Overview - An overview of things that need to be done by certain dates throughout the month,  monthly goals, joke of the month, word of the month and things that have happened surrounding that word- I particularly like this as it changes the way you think of things.

Credit: Pinterest

Monthly Trackers - Tracking something for that month whether it is your water intake, personal fitness tracker, habit tracker, mood tracker, expense tracker.
Credit: Pinterest
Weekly Overview - Now I have seen this laid out in so many different ways, it is essentially the diary bit of your journal and things you have to do on a daily basis/have done that day/how you were feeling etc.
Credit: Pinterest
This is just a basic overview of what you might find in a bullet journal, there are many different videos online and there are no right or wrong ways of doing one, you don't even have to be artistic as there are many printouts online if you would prefer to cut and stick. You also don't have to have the same layout or design for every week/day/month you could mix them up a bit. I am heading out this afternoon to get a suitable notebook to start mine and I will probably post about it/an insight of what my journal looks like after the first month or so. - This is a really good video to give you an insight of what you could do with your journal - PlannerHolics Video

For now, keep an eye on my Pinterest as I am going to be filling it with bullet journal inspirations over the next month or so, things will be quiet for the next few weeks however as I am going away to Greece so expect an exciting blog post when I get back! 

Useful Links
PlannerHolics Video giving you an insight of what you could put in your journal


Update - Its been like ages since I wrote this and I am still yet to do the follow up post because I am so busy but it will be coming soon(ish)

SaveSave

0 comments:

Post a Comment