Tuesday 5 April 2016

Two Gigs in One Week: Little Mix

Hi Guys!
Longtime no blog I know! I have been so super busy going between home and uni for a few weeks to help out at work as they are short staffed and now it is easter break I am at home for a solid 3 weeks which allows me more time to actually sit and blog between being a waitress and doing uni work. Guess which of the two I actually haven't done yet (oops) only 4 weeks almost to the date until my dissertation is due in... So anyway, in between all this crazy that has been going on in my life I took two trips to two different major cities for two very different types of gig all within 7 days of each other. (Split into two posts)



The first trip was to see Little Mix at the Cardiff Motorpoint Arena on the first night of their 'Get Weird' tour with this lot of loonies...


I was completely buzzing with so much anticipation for this gig as I hadn't been to one in so long because of uni commitments and it wasn't until two weeks before the show that I knew I could go, thankfully my presentation deadline was changed!! I absolutely love the motorpoint arena as well because no matter where you are situated you have a perfect view of the stage and you don't feel like your miles away even if your up on the balcony!! We had well positioned seats, right in the middle 17 rows back, not a problem because like it said it was a perfect view and as a result of the nature of the audience most of the three rows in front of us had actually emptied by the time we had gotten halfway through the set.
(Thanks for unknowingly letting me steal your photo Zack)
The girls put on a brilliant show, in comparison to the previous year on their Salute tour I did have extremely high expectations and I wouldn't say it was as strong of a show this time round however I did still really enjoy it. The show was set in a forest environment with a number of videos in between songs showing the girls travelling to Club Weird and at the start the girls were thrown into the air and then dropped down to the stage as if they had been thrown into some crazy world under a spell. After the gig we ended up walking around Cardiff for ages only to find that we had basically walked right past the bar we had been looking and then the following day we went out for breakfast together at Eds Diner. I loved the two days that we spent together in Cardiff as we haven't all seen each other together since last summer so it gave us a good chance to have a catchup.

0 comments:

Post a Comment